Sunday, July 23, 2006

Out in God's country

I just got back from my trip to New Mexico with my Dad and the Scout troop. Unfortunatly I missed Big Stuf to go to this, but it was something I had to do. It was my last scout trip, but i made the most of hanging with friends. Hopefully it wont be my last trip with my Dad because backpacking is one of the things we both enjoy togeather. It was one of the bast weeks of my life doing the thing I love- being outdoors and away from the noise and confusion of society. We backpacked through 50 miles of the most gorgeus land known to man. It was alot of work too- hiking through a 104 degree desert at 8,600 feet with a 40 pound pack is no easy chore- but it was one of the best weeks of my life.



















1 comment:

brothers don't shake hands said...

hey glad you had a desert experience...missed hanging out with you on the beach...hopefully we can hang out before you go off to college...take care and hopefully the sarsparilla cd will be done before you leave...when do you leave?