Monday, May 08, 2006

What Happened?



This is kind of a depressing & frustrating topic for me, and its been on my mind a lot in the past weeks. As I've grown up at MLUPC, I've noticed that... well I'm one of the few left from my grade. From what I see, I've met a bunch of people my age through the church, from the dozens of kids I went to preschool with, my Sunday school classes in elementary school, all my friends from middle school youth group, the 15 or so kids in my conformation class, and the kids that stuck with it through high school. If you total them all up, it probably adds to around 50 of my peers that have walked along with me to this point in my faith at MLUPC. Of those 50 or so folks, I can only count four people who are still strong in their faith. Four. Sarah Haddad, Stephanie Smith, Phil Swaney, and Me. Its so sad. What happened to the other 46? Where are they now? Why have they turned their backs on God, even after some seemed to have grown so deep in their faith? Ahhh! Did they ever get it in the first place? Did they build their house on sand? Some of them have even become mockers & slanderers of the faith. Nothing breaks my heart more. Ahhh! Cant they see what's happening in their spiritual lives? Wake up guys! Sigh. Well, for the ones that have kept their faith solid all these years: I thank God for you. You are awesome. So pray with me for those folks struggling to find Christ, that they might find him and that he use them in awesome ways.

2 comments:

§ally said...

i think that happens for a lot of people as they get older- the more freedom you have the more temptation most people put upon themselves.

Joseph said...

I think it happend because of poor leadership, but thats just my opinion.
I guess Sally is right too.